An angular flat-pack whisk, a tilting mixing bowl and a pastry binding ring make up this range of baking tools by graduate designer Prianka Sisodiya.
The Elbow Grease products by Kingston University graduate Prianka Sisodiya subtly adapt archetypal kitchen utensils. "The objects appear to look normal yet surprise people when they use them" said Sisodiya.
All three items in Sisodiya's range are designed to make it easier to mix batter for pastry or cakes. "Subtle details differentiate them from ordinary baking tools," said Sisodiya.
The angular metal whisk can be flattened by pressing the wires together on one half. It is pointed and angular rather than curved to allow users to scrape a bowl when using it while flat.
Sisodiya has also created a bowl that has flat corners around the base, to allow it to rest at an angle when the bowl is tilted during mixing.
The third item in the range is a pastry binder - an angled wire ring that slips onto the finger to help the user to stir butter and flour.
The project will be on display at Tent London in September, as part of a show by graduate design collective Nous that will also feature Aaron Dunkerton's enclosed cavity brick fitting and Alice Kim's maternity vest for plants.
Similar projects featured on Dezeen include patterned rolling pins that make edible plates, a meat grinder that squeezes out biodegradable bowls, five different sized measuring spoons to bake the perfect loaf of bread and a set of cutlery with slim handles like chopsticks.
Photographs are by Prianka Sisodiya.
- Interview: Jerszy Seymour at Qubique 201…1
- Lee Broom's fake department store instal…lation opens in Milan
- Threads for Cockaigne woven fashion coll…ection by Martijn van Strien
- Minimal Dresses by Digna Kosse
- Arik Levy's colourful chairs for TON hav…e legs that split in two
- 100% Inspiration: Andy Martin
- Wonderwater Cafe at Tian Hai by Jane Wit…hers, Kari Korkman and Aalto University
- Dezeen Watch Store identity by Zerofee
- Titan digital pocket watch by Ziiiro now… in stock at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories