One box contains a single bed, which can be folded up against the wall to create more space.
A larger box contains a double bed that can be opened or closed for privacy if more than one person is staying in the studio apartment at a time.
Lights hang down inside it, so guests can close the hinged sections for reading, study or relaxation. There's also a wardrobe installed at the rear.
Thaler said how he wanted to make the beds feel like "little houses in the actual house". He explained: ""The facade of the studio house is made from very cold materials: aluminium and glass. The interior needed warmth."
The rest of the furniture in the apartment is all made from MDF and includes armchairs, tables, benches and a study desk.
Most pieces have wheels, so the space can be rearranged if needed.
A pair of shelving units made from stacked boxes and a lamp with a slender stem complete the space.
- Confiserie Bachmann by HHF Architects
- Emanuel Hostel by Lana Vitas Gruić
- Delicate staircase leads to Isle of Wate…r attic extension by Five AM
- Pulir by Inly Products
- Bear House by Onion
- Kids Cafe Piccolo by Podium
- ASK Hertford by Gundry & Ducker
- Seasons Through the Looking Glass by CJ …Lim/Studio 8 Architects
- ONO Architectuur uses concrete and brass… in De Ruyte children's shoe shop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories