The Prism chair by Tokujin Yoshioka is created from sheets of thick high-transparency glass.
The chamfered edges are cut so light bends as it passes through the material, creating a rainbow of colours across the surfaces.
"This creation will be a chair like a shimmering sculpture," said Yoshioka. "Miraculous expression is brought by the refraction of light."
Four rectangular sheets fit together to create the seat, with the bevelled edges facing inward.
Yoshioka will present the chair in Milan during the city's design week, alongside the reflective glass Prism table he has also designed for Glas Italia.
- Audi Centenary Sculpture by Gerry Juda…h
- DesignMarch 2012: studio tours
- Bokja for Al Sabah Art & Design Collec…tion
- "There's a real reason to invest in Ne…w York's design sector"
- Nomu by Lee West for Eno
- Studio WM aims to stimulate the senses… with accessories collection
- Analogia Project and Alessio Sarri sha…pe vases with explosives
- Sofa Collection by Edward Barber & Jay… Osgerby for Knoll
- Dezeen's green design selection in the… Independent on Sunday
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories