The Prism chair by Tokujin Yoshioka is created from sheets of thick high-transparency glass.
The chamfered edges are cut so light bends as it passes through the material, creating a rainbow of colours across the surfaces.
"This creation will be a chair like a shimmering sculpture," said Yoshioka. "Miraculous expression is brought by the refraction of light."
Four rectangular sheets fit together to create the seat, with the bevelled edges facing inward.
Yoshioka will present the chair in Milan during the city's design week, alongside the reflective glass Prism table he has also designed for Glas Italia.
- Dervish by Item for Innermost
- GER Mood Sweater by Sensoree indicates e…motions with LEDs
- Didier Faustino surrounds Glory Hole mir…ror with Baroque embellishment
- Back Room - Adults Only by Mike Meiré
- Spinning Light by Benjamin Hubert for Un…ique Copenhagen
- ACADIA exhibits multi-material 3D-printe…d designs by Zaha Hadid, Francis Bitonti and more
- Normal shows hip-flask mobile design
- Michael Anastassiades creates minimal li…ghting designs from glowing spheres
- Five years ago...
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories