The Prism chair by Tokujin Yoshioka is created from sheets of thick high-transparency glass.
The chamfered edges are cut so light bends as it passes through the material, creating a rainbow of colours across the surfaces.
"This creation will be a chair like a shimmering sculpture," said Yoshioka. "Miraculous expression is brought by the refraction of light."
Four rectangular sheets fit together to create the seat, with the bevelled edges facing inward.
Yoshioka will present the chair in Milan during the city's design week, alongside the reflective glass Prism table he has also designed for Glas Italia.
- Delicate Interference: Assemblage 3 by F…aye Toogood
- 3D-printed perfume tools by Unfold and B…arnabé Fillion
- Dream music video by Cauboyz
- Mouth Factory by Cheng Guo
- Broom Chair by Philippe Starck for Emeco
- Pretty in Prison mirror by The Practice …of Everyday Design
- California Pastoral by Jeremy Quinn
- Myto chair by Konstantin Grcic
- Biomimicry chair by Lilian van Daal repl…aces traditional upholstery with 3D-printed structure
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories