The Prism chair by Tokujin Yoshioka is created from sheets of thick high-transparency glass.
The chamfered edges are cut so light bends as it passes through the material, creating a rainbow of colours across the surfaces.
"This creation will be a chair like a shimmering sculpture," said Yoshioka. "Miraculous expression is brought by the refraction of light."
Four rectangular sheets fit together to create the seat, with the bevelled edges facing inward.
Yoshioka will present the chair in Milan during the city's design week, alongside the reflective glass Prism table he has also designed for Glas Italia.
- Luca Nichetto combines Danish and Italia…n design for Cloud seating range
- Joined + Jointed collection
- Succession by Fredrik Färg at 20 Design…ers at Biologiska
- Dezeen Watch Store at Blickfang Vienna
- Cat Mckee at New Designers
- Slim Chips by Hafsteinn Juliusson
- Wonderwater Cafe at Tian Hai by Jane Wit…hers, Kari Korkman and Aalto University
- Moooi in Milan
- Rewrite and Etagère de Coin at Ligne Ro…set Westend
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories