Unsurprisingly, the biggest story to emerge this year regarding London school the Architectural Association (AA) centres around Zaha Hadid – the great architect that we lost this year and who tops our Hot List.
In an exclusive interview with Nicholas Boyarsky, the son of former AA director Alvin Boyarsky shares some of the drawings from his father's collection, and remembers growing up under Hadid's influence.
The school also tapped into the robotic construction trend this year, announcing the launch of a specialist course that focuses on digital fabrication and releasing a film showing the making of its first major foray into the method.
1. "Zaha stood out from the start" says son of former AA head
2. London's AA School taps into robotic construction trend by launching specialist course
3. AA Design & Make students use a robotic arm to build a woodland barn
4. Architectural Association students build woodland shelter with a twisting lattice roof
5. Swoosh Pavilion at the Architectural Association