For this month's top ten we've compiled our most popular stories about lighting from the last year. In pole position are these intricately-cut paper lanterns by London designer Yu Jordy Fu.
2: architect Zaha Hadid takes second place with her light called Genesy for Artemide, launched in Milan in April.
3: third most popular was a lamp made of reflective material, normally used for safety clothing, by Icelandic designer Kristín Birna Bjarnadóttir.
4: a lighting installation in a frozen yogurt shop by London designers Cinimod Studio was fourth most-viewed.
5: Shanghai designer Zhili Liu's series of lighting inspired by birds was our fifth most popular story about lighting this year.
6: our story about lighting exhibited by Dutch designer Pieke Bergmans in Milan was sixth most-clicked.
7: an exhibition of lighting at the V&A museum in London during the London Design Festival, called In Praise of Shadows, comes in seventh.
8: in eighth position is a condom for light bulbs, created by German lighting designer Ingo Maurer in protest against European guidelines banning frosted incandescent bulbs.
9: in ninth place is this desk lamp that can be used as a light box by Hung-Ming Chen of Swedish design studio Hommin and Stockholm designer Ninna Kapadia.
10: a collaboration between fashion brand Diesel and Italian lighting company Foscarini is in tenth place.
That’s it for this month.
Dezeen's top ten: watches and clocks
Dezeen’s top ten: cardboard projects
Dezeen’s top ten: shops
Dezeen’s top ten: schools
Dezeen’s top ten: pavilions
Dezeen’s top ten: hotels
Dezeen’s top ten: animals
Dezeen’s 2008 review
Dezeen’s top ten: glamorous girls
Dezeen’s top ten: Japanese projects
Dezeen’s top ten: student projects
Dezeen’s top ten: interiors
Dezeen’s top ten: stories with most comments
Dezeen’s top ten: Milan 2008
Dezeen’s top ten: houses
Dezeen’s top ten: skyscrapers
Top ten Dezeen stories from December 2007
Most popular stories during our first twelve months
- Giant tables by Featherstone Young Archi…tects form workspaces at Central Saint Martins
- Buckinghamshire New University at ercol
- Smartphone app Human draws maps of urban… movement
- PLET Table by Reinier de Jong
- Renee Nicole Sander creates translucent …plastic garments for her graduate fashion collection
- Sandwichbike flat-pack wooden bicycle by… PedalFactory goes into production
- Urban Adapter by Rocker-Lange Architects
- The Clock Clock by Humans Since 1982
- Digital flower animation by Daniel Brown… based on exhibits at Dundee museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories