For this month's top ten we've compiled our most popular stories about lighting from the last year. In pole position are these intricately-cut paper lanterns by London designer Yu Jordy Fu.
2: architect Zaha Hadid takes second place with her light called Genesy for Artemide, launched in Milan in April.
3: third most popular was a lamp made of reflective material, normally used for safety clothing, by Icelandic designer Kristín Birna Bjarnadóttir.
4: a lighting installation in a frozen yogurt shop by London designers Cinimod Studio was fourth most-viewed.
5: Shanghai designer Zhili Liu's series of lighting inspired by birds was our fifth most popular story about lighting this year.
6: our story about lighting exhibited by Dutch designer Pieke Bergmans in Milan was sixth most-clicked.
7: an exhibition of lighting at the V&A museum in London during the London Design Festival, called In Praise of Shadows, comes in seventh.
8: in eighth position is a condom for light bulbs, created by German lighting designer Ingo Maurer in protest against European guidelines banning frosted incandescent bulbs.
9: in ninth place is this desk lamp that can be used as a light box by Hung-Ming Chen of Swedish design studio Hommin and Stockholm designer Ninna Kapadia.
10: a collaboration between fashion brand Diesel and Italian lighting company Foscarini is in tenth place.
That’s it for this month.
Dezeen's top ten: watches and clocks
Dezeen’s top ten: cardboard projects
Dezeen’s top ten: shops
Dezeen’s top ten: schools
Dezeen’s top ten: pavilions
Dezeen’s top ten: hotels
Dezeen’s top ten: animals
Dezeen’s 2008 review
Dezeen’s top ten: glamorous girls
Dezeen’s top ten: Japanese projects
Dezeen’s top ten: student projects
Dezeen’s top ten: interiors
Dezeen’s top ten: stories with most comments
Dezeen’s top ten: Milan 2008
Dezeen’s top ten: houses
Dezeen’s top ten: skyscrapers
Top ten Dezeen stories from December 2007
Most popular stories during our first twelve months
- Undulating sleeves create "optical eff…ect" in Katherine Roberts-Wood's fashion collection
- Scholten & Baijings carves geometric p…atterns into marble table collection
- Gene Cafe by Gwenael Lewis for Bocci
- The light that thinks it's a candle: H…ono by Metaphys
- Dezeen archive: 3D printing
- Visitors scratch walls and furniture t…o create coloured etchings in Itay Ohaly installation
- Flashlight by Joseph Guerra
- Ripple effect captured in glass-domed …lighting by Poetic Lab
- Dezeen Watch Store relaunches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories