The Swiss Poster Generator is a web-based publishing tool that allows novices to produce good quality design with little effort.
Mid-20th century Swiss posters are revered for their clean and modern composition and typography. The template was based on posters by Swiss designer Josef Müller-Brockmann, such as the one below.
Ben DuVall is a graphic designer, artist and printmaker from Long Beach, California. His brother Clark is a software engineer.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Swiss Poster Generator is a collaboration between brothers Ben and Clark DuVall. It merges their respective mediums of graphic design and software engineering, exploring the nexus of art and technology, modernism and post-modernism in the era of desktop publishing.
The Swiss poster is the height of precision in graphic design. In many ways, the computer has eliminated the need for human precision by reducing information down to bytes and pixels.
Yet how come, in the age of such precision, bad design still persists, even becoming more common in the pixel age?
Swiss Poster Generator is meant as a tool for the design layman, an alternative to desktop publishing programs, but never to the designer's trained eye.
- Paralympic design: adaptive sailing equi…pment
- Matilda 2011 at designjunction
- The Andy Warhol Temporary Museum by LIKE…architects
- Smoke by Maarten Baas
- Untreated brass creates contrast in Dani…el Schofield's Tarnish tableware collection
- B&B Italia in Milan 2
- Sneak preview: Campanas to show Disney c…hairs
- Gravity candle holder by Jólan van der …Wiel
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories