Portuguese architects and hairdressers have collaborated on these coiffures inspired by architectural structures.
Hairdresser Gijo challenged FAHR 021.3, a group of Portuguese architects working in Berlin, to bring their ideas and methods into his salon.
The resulting hairdos are inspired by the architectural and fashion styles of the '60s and '70s.
Here's some more information from FAHR 021.3 and Gijo:
HAIRCHITECTURE by FAHR 021.3 and GIJO
A group of architects and a renowned hairdresser join together with a common goal, sharing the joy of creation and interaction with the public.
Inspired by his work experience in New York, Gijo challenged different architects on designing a Haircut line. After few contacts he found FAHR 021.3, group of portuguese architects working at that time in Berlin, an open experimental field. Motivated by the European Capital of Culture in Guimarães 2012, they propose an idea to merge two creative methodologies, Architecture & Hairstyle. Where you least expect are sometimes created the most peculiar ideas.
The hairstyle appears as fusion of hair and geometric shapes. Playing with the extension of the face, developing lines with acute angles. The geometry absorbs the organic shape of the hair, evoking architecture and fashion of the 60s and 70s.
The haircut is defined by a demonstration of the line as part of the architectural design. The result is an asymmetric line and visible layers, underlined with color. Hairulers were used to give the desired effect.
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- Shades for Make Lamp by Hanieh Heidaraba…di can be custom 3D-printed
- Transformation and Distribution Centre f…or Abandoned Household Items by Joost Gehem
- Chairs & Fireworks by Martí Guixé
- 18 Feet & Rising by Studio Octopi
- Docks en Seine Signage by Nicolas Vrigna…ud
- Futuristic gowns formed from metallic ne…oprene by Sadie Williams
- "Software is now an integral part of a p…hysical object" – Clemens Weisshaar at Dezeen Live
- Shoes by Tea Petrovic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories